Jan 17, 2010

A Treat For My Li'l Girl

It has been months since my girl and I had a 'girl's day out'. I find this 'day outs' to be important for me and my li'l girl. Firstly, it's time when we could spend quality time with each other . And secondly, it's also a time of rest and refreshing for me since I won't have to take care of our li'l 2 year old for half a day.


Our first stop was Swensen's where we had ice cream. Swensen's has this promotion where you can get a cute 'snail' ice cream bowl for free when you order the kiddie ice cream. I've actually been craving for Swensen's Ice cream for weeks and finally I was able to have it yesterday. I guess I was happier than my li'l girl to eat their ice cream. I just love Swensen's Ice cream! Never mind if I gain a kilo or two for devouring thier yummy sundae's, I guess I'll just have to check out good weight loss products once I'm motivated to lose weight again.

Our next stop was the playpen where my li'l girl played for 30 minutes. She also met some new friends there. I know that she's just so happy with our day out because from time to time she would tell me, " Thank You Amma! This is the best day ever!".

Then, we went to the bookstore.. not to buy books but for her to read books. That's one beauty here in Thailand and even in Malaysia, they allow the customers to read their books inside the bookstore unlike in some shops where they cover the books with plastic to prevent people from reading. Anyways, we spent some time there as my li'l girl seriously browsed through 4 storybooks. I, on the other hand was happily looking around and window shopping.

After the bookshop, we went to Central Department store for toys window shopping. Yes, my li'l girl can window shop for toys. It's okay for her to go to a toy shop, look around and come back empty handed. She knows that there is a time for her to buy toys so, for the meantime she looks around and is just contented seeing her favorite toys. When we were looking around, I also got so shocked with the prices of all the toys. Most of the good toys are over 1,000 Baht! So shocking!

In Central's toy section, they also have an area where kids can play with all the Lego Blocks for free. So, my li'l girl spent more than 30 minutes there, building her 'Gasoline Station'.

And lastly, we went to McDonalds for a snack. It was a great afternoon spent with my Li'l girl. It wasn't an expensive day out ( I only bought a 15 Baht clay for her, ice cream and snacks) out but a very relaxing and enjoyable one. Hope there will be more to come.

No comments: