Jun 11, 2008

Our Advance Father's Day Celebration

When you're living in a different country that has a different calendar, there's always a tendency to miss certain occasions.

Last Sunday (June 8) was the 2nd Sunday of June so, my Hubby and I assumed that it's Father's Day. We won't have any idea if it's the (western) Father's Day here in Thailand because they celebrated theirs every 5th of December which is the King's birthday.

So, Saturday midnight, I already greeted my HUbby and my brother who was online. Then, my Hubby and I made some plans to go out for a special lunch with family at Sizzler's. On the way to the restaurant, we planned to call all our bro in laws in Malaysia and Philippines. So, we did call one of our brother in law in Malaysia, greeted him, he said thank you and then continued our calls. Then we greeted our Anneh ( from Malaysia) who's like a father to us. Tricia talked to him first, greeted him and even prayed for him. Then, when we talked to him, he was laughinng, said thank you but told us that Father's Day is only on the 15th!! LOL! My brother on the other hand, was wondering on Sunday, why nobody was greeting him for Father's Day.

Amusing...so, we had an advance Father's Day celebration..still had our special lunch at Sizzler's and treated our daughter for Fun Fair in the evening. :) Who knows, this Sunday we'll have a reason to go for another special dinner or lunch? Anyways, it's the REAL Father's Day!

Advance Happy Father's Day to all the great MEN and DADs!

1 comment:

Micawatson said...

Happy Father's day!