Jan 15, 2010

Keeping The Kids Off the TV

During our 1 year break, I never kept up a certain schedule for my li'l ones due to frequent travels and change of environment. So, watching cable TV has always been a part of their day. Nope, it's not just an hour of Playhouse Disney but sometimes a whole morning or maybe a day of it. I was on a holiday mode and so are my kids! Tsk..tsk..tsk..

And now that we're back here in Thailand, I find it quite difficult to keep them off the TV. I'm glad that we don't have cable TV so, somehow I get a control of the cartoons they watch. But honestly, it's already quite a challenge to keep them occupied on their own as they easily get bored now. It's really true that watching a lot of TV decreases the kids' attention span.

So, for now I'm trying to keep them off the TV by giving them different activities, asking them to read their books, color, play together, have story time and etc. I realized that they don't have much toys anymore so, I'll try to invest in getting them educational toys (not toy cars with Ferrari parts) , activity books and more materials for arts and crafts. These I need to do to even before my li'l girl goes for homeschool and to prepare my 2 year old for a li'l bit of homeschool.

It'll be quite challenging on my part, but I just need to do a bit of planning and organization to make my life easier. :)

No comments: