May 31, 2008

Thailand in Brief


photo from The Nation


I didn't know until this morning about Thailand's political situation. Due to my blogging activities, I haven't really been reading the news lately..not good huh? Too busy checking and writing opps...heheh!

Anyway, it was our friend who told us of the demonstration in Bangkok and the possibility of enforcing violence from the authorities if they refuse to budge or disperse. If this happens, then there'll be political instability that may affect the economy and therefore the rise of prices. When we talked with him, he really sounded so worried especially some of his family members are in Bangkok.

From now on, I'll get back to read the news and get updated with the country's (and even the world's) news. This will somehow inform me of what's happening in this part of the world and keep me in my knees to pray for God's peace and rule in this country.


1 comment:

Aisha said...

Sad! Thailand used to be peaceful :(