Feb 25, 2008

Letting Go

My HUbby and daughter went back to Malaysia yesterday for some important transaction. We decided for Tricia to go with her Appa so that she can have time to play with her cousin, Timo and at the same time, it won't be too difficult for me to handle two kids (it's a bit difficult esp. during sleeping time). They are both coming back this evening, but it seemed that my two days here at home dragged for sooo long. I lost count of how many times I called them and thought of them. In other words, I miss them so much especially my Li'l Girl. It was the first time for her to be away from me for so long :) She did enjoy her trip going to Taiping, she enjoyed the bus trip and especially her playtime with Timo.


Everytime I called and talked to her, her first question would be " What is Lyle boy doing?". And she never missed to say, " I Love you, AMma' or "I miss you Amma." This just melted my heart and made me wish I should have let her stay with me instead. It's only now that I realized that I can be a bit over protective of my daughter and would'nt want to let her go.


I think in due time in the verrryy far future, we will eventually have to let her go, let her fly with her own wings and let live her own life but even that very thought just breaks my heart. But rest assured, even if I'm not there with her to protect her but God will always be there for her to be with her, comfort her in times of trouble and provide wisdom guidance and all things, just as HE did when I had my own wings. As a mother, I just need to constantly pray for her and be readily available when needed just as how my Nanay has been to me. But I just hope time won't fly that fast, I still want to enjoy being with my Li'l girl...."Please don't grow up too fast my girlie..."

5 comments:

Aisha said...

naks! Ana jud na ang life ba? Cycle lang. At least, for now dili pa mahitabo.

Bogie said...

natandog ko dah! he.he.he.

Anonymous said...

at first I was smiling but at the end I'd teary eyes....

Jan said...

i can relate with you. everytime i hear schenker boy talking about this girl and that girl in his school, i feel that he has really grown up and one day (not so soon though) i know he'd be pursuing a girl in his dreams. and he'll be leaving us behind...

haayyyy... mothers... now i understand how my parents felt when i left home.

Micawatson said...

haaay, mother's heart jud oi...