May 17, 2008

Children are Precious

My precious Li'l One has just turned 7 months old. Time indeed flies so fast huh? Here he is..he's such a cutee and of course it's me , the Mom talking..but I'm sure you'll agree with me, right?...hheheehe!

Children are such a blessing in life. There will just be nights when you'll just end up staring at these precious Li'l ones and thank God for giving them in our lives.

Just this evening, our friends and I were just having a discussion about children and how precious they are., not just our children but all the kids in general. They (two of our family friends) just adopted two homeless boys. It's just so heartbreaking to hear all boys' stories, how they get abused, beaten up in the streets and all of them looking for a place to sleep at night. One of the boys is barely 10 years old. He's small in sized, has that cheerful countenance but his body is just full of scars and some bones seem out of place. and As a mother, I can't imagine what he has gone through and I would never want that to happen to my kids. It's just sad.

I thank God for our friends who adopted 2 of the boys. They literally took care of them, taught them and loved them. I realized that it takes great commitment, it takes great love to do all these to the kids who are not their own. I'm blessed by their lives. I'm blessed and at the same time their commitment and love left an imprint in my heart, of how far could I go showing them that there's Someone who loves them and cares for them.

There are a lot of them there out in the streets and as of now, all I could do is to pray that God will protect them and preserve their innocent lives.

No comments: