Feb 24, 2010

Help In the Home

I've seen that my girl has grown up and become a bit more independent and responsible now. She has been a great help for me at home too.

Just yesterday, I asked her to put her toys inside the basket and read a book while I go up and put her brother to sleep. I was gone for quite some time since my li'l boy just refused to sleep. But when I came down she has done more that what was expected of her. Yes, she was already comfortably sitting on the couch with her legs crossed while reading the book. But when I looked around, I noticed that aside from all the toys are already inside the basket, the floor is swept clean ( no more tissue papers laying around which lyle played with earlier) and everything ( including the pillows) were neatly arranged. Of course, I couldn't help but exclaimed, " Wow!" when I came down because there was indeed a complete change in the living room. In the dining area, the Dining Room Tables also clean with the basket of flowers at the center. We originally put the flowers up the cupboard so Lyle won't meddle with it, but Tricia put it back for 'decoration' purposes. And then when I went to the kitchen, I also saw that there were no more dishes ( from the kids lunch) in the sink. Woah! I was impressed! I never thought that my 5 year old can do all these things without me telling her.

I'm glad that just loves to help me around in the house now. I've also noticed that because she loves to help, she can do more chores better this time. Like she can now fold clothes without me doing it all over again and she can now serve snacks with style. :) I thank God for my li'l girl!

No comments: