Apr 6, 2008

Lifelock

I always thought that identity theft just happens in the movies. But in reality, it can happen to anyone of us. That's why we must always be very careful with our personal information like social security numbers, credit card numbers and etc. There are a lot of scams happening right now and hackers on the lure to steal our identity and personal information. As a result of this theft, we lose our money or pay huge amount of money on items and products we didn't spend at all.
The most prevalent thing that happens now is stealing our personal information online. There was once I received an email from an online payment site that says that my login in name and password is needed because I violated some terms and it might result in freezing my account. I was quite surprised with the email since the address I used to register for that site's account is in my other email address. Then, there was this link from their mail that I need to click to login my username and password. When I clicked that link, the exact homepage of that said site appeared BUT it still looked suspicious and then, when I looked at the URL, it was a different URL. Then, I knew that it's a scam and it's a work of some hackers. I couldn't imagine what would have happened if I entered my log in name and password. My money could have disappeared out of thin air. It wasn't much though, but still that's my hard earned money from blogging. :)
Anyways, there are a lot of scams circulating right especially those trying to steal our credit card information. But do you know that there's also this company that protects your identity and therefore your hard earned money? I've just heard that Lifelock is America's #1 identity theft prevention program. So, you'd be sure that your identity will be safe. They also have lifelock promotion code in which you can avail of discounts and 30 days free service. Check out their website at lifelock.com.

No comments: