Mar 16, 2008

Family Activity Time

The past weeks have been busy for us. We didn't realized that we've been working ( esp. my Hubby) for 7 days a week. We've always been around with people and even working in the Center till late night. This week was not as hectic as the last 2 weeks but still we feel tired and exhausted.
So this afternoon we decided to take a break and have our family time. We haven't done any since our busy days..So, off we went to the park with our food, mat, kids and rabbit. (Photos and details to follow tomorrow for the weekend snapshot). We truly had a wonderful time with family!
My Hubby and I decided not to neglect this activity time with family as it is most needed by us and the kids to keep us balanced. I thank God for this realization because if we forget about this and become too serious with work (and not enough time to do other form of relaxation or recreation), it might lead to being burnt out. The form of recreation as a family need not to be expensive but the essence is spending time together and doing an activity other than our normal routine. It will take added effort to think of activities such as this but it's truly refreshing and thus worth it.
So, now I've already done a list of other activities I would like us to do as a family for the following weeks:
1) Swimming... but for this activity, I'll take my role as a 'lifeguard since I'm not worthy to put on a swimsuit...LOL!
2) Picnic at the Beach
3) Boating at the Lake
4) Exercise at the Stadium
5) Playtime at the playground
6) Any Ideas??? I need more ideas here... My Hubby and I talked about camping this afternoon, but I guess this has to wait till Lyle grows up. Perhaps another 2 -3 years?

No comments: